Augusta School Department
POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
August 8, 2017
Committee Members Present: Chair-Staci Fortunato; Members-Kimberly Martin, Deborah Towle
Other Board Members Present: Tom Connors, Edward Hastings
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Donna Madore, Kim Silsby
1. Review existing policy JICA: Student Dress and new policy JICA: Student Dress.
Existing policy JICA
New policy JICA
The committee had a long discussion regarding policy JICA. Kimberly Martin made a motion to bring new policy JICA with revisions to the board for a first reading. Second by Deborah Towle, so moved 3-0.
2. Review new policy JICC: Student Conduct on School Buses.
New policy JICC
Donna Madore said we currently do not have a policy on student conduct on school buses but we do have a rubric which is in the handbook. She passed out a copy of the Guidelines for Bus Behavior. Policy JICC is not a mandatory policy. Professional development is provided to bus drivers on managing student behavior. The committee discussed the policy and made some changes. The policy with changes will be brought back at the next meeting. Kimberly Martin made a motion to table policy JICC for further review and table agenda items 3 through 5. Second by Deborah Towle, so moved 3-0.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
3. Review existing policy JICJ: Student Cell Phone/Pager Use and new policy JICJ: Student Use
of Cell Phones and Other Electronic Devices.
Existing policy JICJ
New policy JICJ
4. Review existing policy JFD: Students of Legal Age and new policy JID: Students of Legal
Existing policy JFD
New policy JID
5. Review existing policy JIH: Questioning and Searches of Students, existing policy JIH-R:
Questioning and Searches of Students Administrative Procedure and new policy JIH:
Questioning and Searches of Students, new policy JIH-R: Questioning and Searches of
Students Administrative Procedure and new policy JIH-E: Student Search Checklist.
Existing policy JIH
Existing policy JIH-R
New policy JIH
New policy JIH-R
New policy JIH-E