Augusta School Department
POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
May 7, 2018
Committee Members Present: Chair-Staci Fortunato; Christopher Clarke, Pia Holmes
Other Board Members Present: Jason Bersani, Tom Connors, Edward Hastings, Kati McCormick
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Donna Madore, Sue Dionne, Teresa Beaudoin, Kim Silsby, Theresa Violette
Others Present: Rabbi Erica Asch, Kevin Lamoreau, Mary Mohammed
1. Discussion of religious observances
Federal holidays in the United States
Maine State Government Holidays
Public Holidays in Maine
Lewiston Public Schools policy IMDC – Recognition of Religious Beliefs and Customs
Augusta School Department policy JEA: Compulsory Attendance
Mary Mohammed distributed a proposed multicultural and religious accommodations policy. A lengthy discussion followed and there was no consensus. This item will be discussed again at the August meeting.
Motion by Christopher Clarke to table items 2 through 7, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
2. Review new policy DJH: Purchasing and Contracting: Procurement Staff Code of Conduct.
New Policy DJH
Existing Policy DJH
3. Review new policy JLF: Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect.
New Policy JLF
New Policy JLF-E
New Policy JLF-R
Existing Policy JLF
Existing Policy JLF-E
Existing Policy JLF-R
4. Review existing policy ACAD: Hazing and existing policy JICFA: Student Hazing.
Existing Policy ACAD
Existing Policy JICFA
5. Review new policy JLIB: Student Dismissal Precautions.
New Policy JLIB
6. Review new policy JLIE: Student Automobile Use and Parking.
New Policy JLIE
Existing Policy JHFD
7. Review new policy JO: Employment of Students
New Policy JO