Augusta School Department
POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
January 7, 2019
Committee Members Present: Staci Fortunato-Chair; Christopher Clarke, Pia Holmes
Other Board Members Present: Jennifer Dumond, Edward Hastings, Kevin Lamoreau, Michael Michaud
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Donna Madore, Teresa Beaudoin, Kim Silsby
Motion by Christopher Clarke to amend the agenda to discuss policy EEA: Student Transportation Services. No second, motion fails.
1. Review new policy JC: School Attendance Areas and Lewiston’s policy JCA: Assignment of
Students to Schools and Classes.
JC: School Attendance Areas
Lewiston policy JCA: Assignment of Students to Schools and Classes
The committee reviewed policy JC and JCA and after a lengthy discussion revisions were made to policy JCA. Motion by Christopher Clarke to move policy JCA with revisions to the board for a first reading and delete policy JC once JCA is adopted; second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
2. Review policy JLIE: Student Automobile Use and Parking
The committee reviewed policy JLIE to address the question of students leaving during the day. Motion by Christopher Clarke to amend the policy and remove the last sentence, move to the board for a first reading and delete policy JHFD once JLIE is adopted; second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
Motion by Christopher Clarke to table the remaining items until the next meeting, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
The meeting adjourned at 8:31 p.m.
3. Review policy JJLD-BB: Strategic Process of Prevention and Intervention for
4. Review policy JHC: Student Health Services and Requirements.
5. Review policy JFB: Student Involvement in Decision Making
6. Review policy JFBA: Student Government.
7. Review policy JJEA: Donations to Groups/Individuals from Augusta Board of Education