Augusta School Department
POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
December 2, 2019
Committee Members Present: Pia Holmes, Kati McCormick
Committee Member Absent: Staci Fortunato
Other Board Members Present: Christopher Clarke, Edward Hastings, Kevin Lamoreau, Michael Michaud
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Donna Madore, Kathy Casparius, Troy Alexander, Teresa Beaudoin, Heather Gauthier, Sarah Landry, Jon Millett, Kim Silsby
Motion by Kati McCormick to amend the agenda to add the Augusta School Department Media Rights Application and Agreement draft policy as the first item on the agenda, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 2-0.
1. Review the Augusta School Department Media Rights Application and Agreement policy.
Jon Millett, Athletic Director, said in drafting the policy they took into consideration what was in the best interest in our students, school and community. It was vetted by the superintendent, assistant superintendent and the school board attorney. The committee discussed the draft policy at length. The consensus of board/committee members was to not make “gender balance” mandatory but rather make a statement of support for gender balance. Mr. Anastasio explained that there was pressure applied by individuals to make it gender balanced and the ASD wanted to try to make sure that both genders were showcased. After further discussion it was decided to change the wording.
Motion by Pia Holmes to send the revised policy to the board for a first reading, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 2-0.
2. Review policy GBCA: Staff Conflicts of Interest
The committee discussed policy GBCA which was sent back to the committee by the board. The first reading of the policy was approved by the board at their October 9 meeting. Motion by Kati McCormick to accept the policy as is with no revisions and send to the board for adoption, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 2-0.
Motion by Kati McCormick to table the remaining policies until the next Policy Committee meeting, January 6, 2020. Second by Pia Holmes, so moved 2-0.
Meeting adjourned at 7:38 p.m.
4. Review existing policy GDBB: Support Staff Supplementary Plans
Existing policy GDBB
5. Review existing policy GDBC: Support Staff Fringe Benefits
Existing policy GDBC
6. Review existing policy GDBD: Support Staff Leaves and Absences
Existing policy GDBD
7. Review existing policy ACAD: Hazing and new policy ACAD: Hazing
Existing policy ACAD
New policy ACAD
8. Review existing policy GDBDA: Support Staff Sick Leave
Existing policy GDBDA
9. Review existing policy GDBDC: Support Staff Personal Leave
Existing policy GDBDC
10. Review existing policy GDBE: Staff Vacations and Holidays
Existing policy GDBE
11. Review existing policy GDJ: Support Staff Time Schedules
Existing policy GDJ
12. Review existing policy GDPC: Retirement Benefits for Central Office Staff
Existing policy GDPC