Augusta School Department
POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
June 3, 2019
Committee Members Present: Staci Fortunato-Chair; Pia Holmes, Kati McCormick
Other Board Members Present: Jennifer Dumond, Edward Hastings, Kevin Lamoreau, Michael Michaud
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Donna Madore, Kathy Casparius, Troy Alexander, Sarah Landry, Kim Silsby
1. Review existing policies KM: Custodial and Non-Custodial Parent Rights and Responsibilities.
The committee discussed policies KM and KBBA. Motion by Pia Holmes to delete policy KM, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 3-0.
Motion by Pia Holmes to bring policy KBBA to next Policy Committee meeting to discuss, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 3-0.
2. Review existing policy GBCA: Staff Conflicts of Interest.
GBCA: Staff Conflicts of Interest
DJH: Purchasing and Contracting: Procurement Staff Code of Conduct
The committee discussed policy GBCA. Committee member McCormick will align the wording of policy BCB: Conflict of Interest with policy GBCA. Motion by Kati McCormick to table this item until the next committee meeting, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
3. Review new policy GBB: Staff Involvement in Decision Making.
New policy GBB
Existing policy GBB
Motion by Kati McCormick to move revised policy GBB: Staff Involvement in Decision Making to the board for a first reading, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
4. Review new policy BHC: Board Communication with Staff, existing policy BHC: Board-Staff
Communications and existing policy GBD: Board-Staff Communications
New policy BHC
Existing policy BHC
Existing policy GBD
The committee discussed all three policies. Motion by Kati McCormick to delete old policy GBD, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
Motion by Pia Holmes to send policy BHC: Board Communications with Staff to the Board for a first reading, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 3-0.
5. Review new policy KLGA: Relations with School Resource Officers and Law Enforcement
Authorities and KLGA-R: School Resource Officer/Law Enforcement Administrative Procedure
and Augusta Police Department School Resource Officer policy
New policy KLGA
New Policy KLGA-R
Augusta Police Department School Resource Officer policy
The committee reviewed new policies KLGA and KLGA-R. Motion by Kati McCormick to move policy KLGA-R and revised policy KLGA to the board for a first reading, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
Motion by Staci Fortunato to table items 6 through 13, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
6. Review policy GBJ: Personnel Records and Files and policy GBL: Personnel Records.
7. Review policy GBM: Staff Complaints and Grievances.
8. Review policy GCA: Job Sharing (Professional Staff Positions).
9. Review policy GCB: Professional Staff Contracts and Compensation Plans.
10. Review policy GCBA: Professional Staff Salary Schedules Stipend Positions.
11. Review policy GCBB: Professional Staff Supplementary Pay Plans.
12. Review policy GCBC: Professional Staff Fringe Benefits.
13. Review policy GCBD: Professional Staff Leaves and Absences.