Augusta School Department
POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
August 5, 2019
Committee Members Present: Staci Fortunato-Chair; Pia Holmes, Kati McCormick
Other Board Members Present: Christopher Clarke, Jennifer Dumond, Edward Hastings, Kevin Lamoreau, Michael Michaud, Amanda Olson
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Donna Madore
1. Review new policy KBBA: Custodial and Noncustodial Parent Rights and Responsibilities
Maranacook’s KBBA policy
Skowhegan’s KBBA policy
The committee discussed both sample KBBA policies. Motion by Kati McCormick to use Maranacook’s sample policy and send to the board for a first reading, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
2. Review policy GBJ: Personnel Records and Files and policy GBL: Personnel Records
Ms. Madore explained that in policy GBJ, page 3, item A is not complete. Motion by Pia Holmes to revise the policy with the added information and send it to the board for a first reading, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 3-0.
The committee discussed policy GBL. Motion by Kati McCormick to delete policy GBL, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
3. Review policy GBM: Staff Complaints and Grievances
The committee reviewed policy GBM and decided to delete this existing policy and get an updated one. Ms. Madore will research and bring a new one to the next Policy Committee meeting. Motion by Kati McCormick to delete existing policy GBM, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
4. Review policy GCA: Job Sharing (Professional Staff Positions)
Ms. Madore explained what job sharing is and that it is in the teacher contract. Currently, there are no job sharing positions. The committee reviewed policy GCA and no action was taken.
5. Review policy GCB: Professional Staff Contracts and Compensation Plans
The committee discussed policy GCB. Ms. Madore said it is covered by the bargaining unit contract. Mr. Clarke felt the wording was confusing. Motion by Kati McCormick to table all the GCB policies until the next Policy Committee meeting and table the remaining policies as well, second by Pia Holmes, so moved 3-0.
The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
6. Review policy GCBA: Professional Staff Salary Schedules Stipend Positions
7. Review policy GCBB: Professional Staff Supplementary Pay Plans
8. Review policy GCBC: Professional Staff Fringe Benefits.
9. Review policy GCBD: Professional Staff Leaves and Absences
10. Review policy CBI: Evaluation of the Superintendent
11. Review new policy BEB: Board Member Use of Social Media
12. Review new policy BIA: New School Board Member Orientation
New policy BIA
Existing policy BIA
Existing policy BIA-1