Committee Members Present: Staci Fortunato-Chair: Kimberly Martin, Kati McCormick
Other Board Members Present: Pia Holmes, Kevin Lamoreau, Amanda Olson, Martha Witham
Administrators Present: James Anastasio, Katy Grondin, Kathy Casparius, Teresa Beaudoin, Monique Roy, Kim Silsby
- Review existing policy IHBAA: Referral and General Education Interventions and
MSMA’s sample policy IHBAA.
Existing policy IHBAA
MSMA’s sample policy IHBAA
- Review existing policy IHBAA-R: Referral Procedures and General Education
Interventions and MSMA’s sample policy IHBAA-R.
Existing policy IHBAA-R
MSMA’s sample policy IHBAA-R
Changes to law references and cross references were made to policies IHBAA and IHBAA-R. Motion by Kimberly Martin to move these two policies to the board for a first reading, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 3-0.
- Review new policy IMDC: Accommodating Religious Beliefs and Holidays
New policy IMDC
Ms. Grondin said the goal of this policy is to be inclusive because many families and many different religions observe these holidays. The committee discussed the policy with input from community members and administrators. Revisions to the policy were proposed. The committee agreed to attach a list of the holidays to the current school calendar.
Motion by Staci Fortunato to make suggested revisions to the policy and bring it back to the committee at the next meeting, second by Kati McCormack, so moved 3-0.
Motion by Staci Fortunato to table items 4 and 5, second by Kati McCormick, so moved 3-0.
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
- Review existing policy IJNDB: Student Computer and Internet Use and “Cyber
Existing policy IJNDB
MSMA sample policy IJNDB
- Review existing policy IJNDB-R: Student Personal Digital Device and Internet Use
Existing policy IJNDB-R: Student Personal Digital Device and Internet Use Rules.
MSMA sample policy IJNDB-R