- Director of School Nutrition: Maureen Thompson - Ext.#1142
- Assistant: Cindy Henderson - Ext.#1141
- Telephone: 626-2468 Fax: 626-2444
- 40 Pierce Drive, Suite 3, Augusta ME 04330
- ~ E-mail us ~
Welcome to Augusta School Nutrition!
(scroll down for SCHOOL MENUS)
SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
NEWS & UPDATED INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS BELOW
USDA Extends Free Meals for Kids through JUNE 2021 extended through Sept. 30, 2021
If you haven't applied for Free/Reduced Meals yet this School Year
Apply NOW * Quickly & Easily ASAP
*New students may not be added to our system for the first few days, please bear with us while while we wait for them.
*You will receive an email when your application has been processed in our office, usually within 24-48 hrs once school begins.
*Bear with us during the start of the school year; we are aware of the delays & appreciate your patience!
*If you do not have internet access, you can ask your school secretary for a paper application OR call/email the SNP Office 626-2468 ext 1141, firstname.lastname@example.org, complete the form & return to school with your child OR print an application > Application for Free/Reduced School Meals
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You may already be "Directly Qualified" as FREE if you have SNAP or TANF benefits,you can check your status before applying at: Click here to Check
After applying online you receive 2 emails, first a confirmation, within 24-48 hrs you should receive another email with your new Eligibility for your children.
*Want to know your eligibility status for free or reduced meals?
Parents can check their student's ELIGIBILITY BELOW:
Click here to Check Eligibility
IMPORTANT NOTE: All students start the school year with last year's eligibility for the first 30 days of school until OCT 10th when students revert to PAID status unless you re-apply for benefits or unless you are pre-qualified by the State of Maine Direct Certified list by having SNAP or TANF benefits.
Questions on your child's eligibility Email us or call 626-2468 X 1141
|Free||Reduced||Full Price||Free||Reduced||Full Price|
|Adults & Staff breakfast = $2.50||Adults & Staff lunch = $4.50|
Elementary Schools with a high percentage of children eligible for free and reduced price meals may be eligible to participate in the "Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program". The FFVP provides a fresh fruit or vegetable "sample" for students to try during the school day.
Potential Benefits of the FFVP:
- Expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience
- Increase children’s fruit and vegetable consumption
- Make a difference in children’s diets to impact their present and future health
- This program is seen as an important catalyst for change in efforts to combat childhood obesity by helping children learn more healthful eating habits. The FFVP introduces school children to a variety of produce that they otherwise might not have had the opportunity to sample.
Monthly Wellness Newsletters for Parents & Students providing busy parents with practical ways to promote healthy nutrition and physical activity for their children.
"Wellness is a Way of Life" Newsletters
Sept Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb March April
Additional Forms & Information:
- Kitchen Use Form