Cony, a grade 7 through 12 school, is located in the heart of Augusta, Maine. The current enrollment for Cony High School is approximately 701 students. Cony Middle School has approximately 310 students. Students attend from the surrounding communities of Chelsea, China, Jefferson, Palermo, Somerville, Vassalboro, Whitefield, and Windsor. Cony was awarded the Bellamy Award in 1960.
- Cony High School Principal: Ms. Kimberly E. W. Silsby
- High School Assistant Principals: Mr. Stewart Brittner, Mr. Gabriel Levesque
- Middle School Assistant Principal: Mr. Jeffrey Ramich
- Athletic Director: Mr. Jon Millett.
Welcome to School Year 2021-2022!
Please check back regularly as we update our Website with important information about the coming year.
Some quick information:
- We will be in-person for all of our students.
- The first day for grades 7, 8, and 9 is Sept. 1st.
- The first day for grades 10, 11, and 12 is Sept. 2nd.
- We are hosting an informational session and tour for incoming 7th graders on August 31st. More information to come.
- Student schedules will be going out on August 20th by mail.
- School supply lists for Grades 7 & 8 will be updated. The high school school supply list is dependent on the teacher and student.
- We will be hosting a High School Fall Sports Information meeting on Sunday, August 15th. Middle School Fall Sports information will be provided when school starts.
- We will follow the recommendations from the CDC regarding wearing masks at this time. As things change, we will adapt and keep you informed.
Some important dates and information:
- Please see information letter and remote instructions for upcoming testing for NWEA and New Meridian Science Assessment
- Independent Remote Learning (IRL) days happen two days a week. Here is more information about the days.
- School Skills Help: Please see the videos and handouts to help students be successful.
- Here are the AM and PM Bus Routes for Cony.
- Wednesdays are RAM Days. Here is the schedule.
- The Augusta School Department is following a Hybrid schedule. Families requested to be either Hybrid or Remote for their learning. If students or families did not designate a preference, we assigned them to in person learning as Cohort A or Cohort B. Here are some graphics to demonstrate the structure of these cohorts.
- Students and Parents/Guardians will need to read and sign an agreement about protocols for school during COVID-19. We mailed the COVID-19 Parent and Student guide to families on August 28th.
- We hosted a Virtual Open House for 7th graders (slideshow here) and their families on Tuesday, Sept. 1st and for 9th graders and their families on Thursday, Sept. 3rd (slide show here).
- Please review the videos and information about the start of the school year.
- Please stay up to day with the district's COVID-19 information.
- Please view the video that we made for our 7th graders when they were in 6th grade.7th Grade Welcome Video
- Specific Questions related to attendance for COVID-19: Attendance
- Here are the Items to bring to school each day
- Please follow the expectations for Remote/Virtual Meetings called "Netiquette"
- Please see the parent link to understanding Google Classroom
- Please click on this link to get the historical (last Spring's info) CO-VID 19 information about Cony Middle and High School.
- We are also on Facebook. "Like" our page to keep informed about our school (Cony MSHS) We are also on instagram (conymshsrams).
- Here is some information about Proficiency Based Education including information about Habits of Work and Standards
- For more information for Cohort C, please see this link.
- Here is the link for daily virtual academic support available to all students.
Please contact us with suggestions