My name is Carson Hope and I am one of the 2nd grade teachers at Lincoln School! This is my first year teaching with Augusta Public Schools and I am very excited to be joining the team!
I moved to Maine from Massachusetts 4 years ago to become a student at the University of Maine at Farmington (UMF). I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Early Elementary Education and Early Childhood Special Education in May 2020. From studying in this dual program, I have two Maine teaching certifications.
This year, Open House is happening virtually. If you'd like to check out my Virtual Classroom, click here.
This year, I will be teaching Cohort A on Mondays and Thursdays, and Cohort B on Tuesdays and Fridays. While my students are not in my classroom, they will be working on both activities sent home in their Take Home Folder and activities on Seesaw. Students will receive their Home Learning Code to sign into Seesaw on their first day in the building. Once they have their code, Seesaw can be accessed by clicking here. They will enter their code at the bottom.
On Seesaw, students and families will find links to the other online programs we offer. Students will receive all of their log-in information on their first day in the building, and can access the web pages from Seesaw. Seesaw will be acting as our "home base" for information.
Students should come to school with only the following items:
- A mask (students will receive 2 cloth masks on their first day in the building)
- A filled water bottle labeled with the student’s name
- A snack (students should be sent with snacks that they can open independently to prevent close contact)
- A lunch (unless a student eats hot lunch)
- A pair of sneakers (for P.E. – there will be no spare shoes due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- An extra pair of clothes (just in case! Again, there will be no spare clothes in the Nurse’s Office due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Their Take Home Folder (once they receive it on the first day of school)
*Any other items from home including school supplies, books, and toys are not allowed to come into the building at this time. Thank you for cooperating!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at ext. 3908 at any time. I will get back to you as soon as possible!